High-performing influencer content can and should be extended beyond the original influencer marketing campaign. You can leverage content and even real-time content engagement into all kinds of branded outreach, including uniquely effective programmatic ad displays backed by social proof.
Let’s dive into two of the most effective strategies to get more from your influencer marketing investment.
Strategies to get more from your influencer marketing campaigns
1. Get more from paid media.
Influencers are influential for a reason. They’re aligned with their audience’s interests and needs, and they know how to create targeted visual content that captures the right kind of attention.
Instead of using an agency- or brand-created creative, try transforming high-performing influencer content into paid media.
Brands may be familiar with how effective influencer content can be when used for paid social advertising on platforms like Instagram and Facebook. This tactic ensures that great content gets the visibility it deserves rather than being buried by ever-changing display algorithms.
But there are many relatively new options for expanding ad strategies to reach audiences at scale.
It’s now possible to extend that content beyond the original social platform into programmatic placements that run on premium websites, mobile ads, in-app placements, etc. These are called social display ads and are possible through the technology from Spaceback.
Programmatic advertising provides data-driven targeting abilities that cut through millions and millions of users to ensure that the most relevant audience sees the right kind of ad at the right time.
2. Repurpose influencer content for brand-owned channels.
Brands have long relied on impactful user-generated content to share on their own channels. GoPro is a great example of a brand finding success with this strategy.
Influencer content serves the same purpose of adding authenticity and social proof to various brand promotional efforts and can be used across brand-owned social feeds, websites, newsletters and much more.
Furthermore, repurposing influencer content can have a positive impact on brand SEO results in addition to boosting brand visibility.
Of course, repurposed content depends on ownership rights. Every brand-influencer partnership should be structured around a contract that outlines deliverables and timing while also documenting whether the influencer or brand owns the final sponsored content.
There are plenty of smart ways to upcycle high-quality influencer content into brand channels of all kinds:
- Influencer content is already optimized for social audiences, which makes it perfect for sharing across brand-owned social accounts. Reposting influencer content from a company account can build trust and credibility among existing audiences and attract the influencer’s audience as well.
- Influencer testimonials can be included on brand websites, with authentic descriptions of what the promoted product/service has done to improve their lives.
- Creators can fill in the content asset gaps brought on by pandemic restrictions; while many brands and agencies have had to put traditional production shoots on hold, influencers never stopped developing high-performing content from home — and brands have been noticing the difference in both quality and cost. Brooklinen’s popular “petfluencer” subway ad campaign shows how influencer content can be successfully turned into billboards or other in-real-life promotions.
- By tagging relevant influencers when promoting their content, brands increase the chances of additional organic shares as influencers republish to their own audiences
While it can be a lot of work to get an influencer marketing program up and running, don’t let that effort lose value by ignoring the content after the campaign.
Change your outlook to view influencer campaign work as an integrated marketing investment, and expand on the most successful campaign elements to drive even more awareness, interest, and brand engagement.
Interested in learning more about how we can help you connect with your target audience? Get in touch today!
Originally published on Forbes